Thursday, October 25, 2012

Have you ever been so frustrated that you wanted to cry?





Today I wanted to cry while working on biostatistics with a TA.  I’m pretty sure she wanted to cry too.  I just wasn’t getting it.  However, I didn’t cry and still haven’t.  My plan is to step away from it for a day.  So tomorrow I won’t waste her time at the TA session because we both will probably just end up frustrated. 
 
As I sit here I am wondering why I haven’t cried.  I think it is because I am enjoying this new experience with all its ups and downs.  Yesterday my advisor said that I need to aim for a higher level for my practicum. Meaning I should aim for internships with national organizations and not just local opportunities.  I think I am up for the challenge. : /

The dilemma is that I know I want to work with communities. I don’t want to be in an office setting 9-5. I want to be building relationships and collaborating with people to make our communities healthier. However, it would be beneficial to get other experience especially if I can get paid something while doing it. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you didn't cry. I definitely did my first year of grad school. Exciting to think about internships already! Two years goes by so quickly :)

    ReplyDelete